Punjab Agricultural Management & Extension
Training Institute (PAMETI)
PAU Campus, Ludhiana, Punjab, INDIA 141004
The Reforms in Agricultural Extension Programmes is the outcome of Innovations in Technology Dissemination (ITD), component of NATP. It envisaged that for providing Management Trainings to the extension staff of ATMA districts, training institutes of the state, needs to be upgraded to work as State Agricultural Management and Extension Training Institute (SAMETI). SAMETI in Punjab called as PAMETI (Punjab Agricultural Management & Extension Training Institute), working as an autonomous Institute, is located in the premises of Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana. The Institute was registered under the Societies Act 1860 and started functioning from December 2000.
The mission of the Institute is to facilitate the field staff of the State Agriculture and Allied departments to improve efficiency of extension services through better management by following bottom-up, farmer participatory and decentralized planning & control approaches. The ultimate goal of the Institute is to empower the farming community for improved management of production resources and agricultural operations for better living.
- To function as state level Institute for providing extension and management input to extension functionaries.
- To provide consultancy in areas like project planning, appraisal, implementation etc.
- To organize need based training programme for middle level and grass root level agriculture and allied subject extension functionaries.
- To develop and promote the application of management tools for improving the effectiveness of agricultural extension services through better management of human and material resources.
- To conduct studies on agriculture management, communication, participatory methodologies, etc. as sequel to the feedback from training programmes.
- An air conditioned Conference Hall fitted with ceiling mounted audio-visual aids
- An air conditioned Seminar Room equipped with video conferencing system.
- Information Technology Lab
- Trainees hostel with well furnished air conditioned rooms and attached bathroom